Kim Kertsburg, LCSW offers the following services:
Early detection, assessment and treatment of depression and anxiety during pregnancy and the postpartum period.
We utilize clinically proven treatments for various perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. We focus on symptom reduction and getting you back to feeling better as soon as possible. Kim Kertsburg, LCSW also offers EMDR for trauma treatment.
We also specialize in treating:
Past trauma and birth trauma
*If there is a specific treatment area not listed, please ask Kim Kertsburg, LCSW about your concerns.
Kim Kertsburg, LCSW is invited to present at various engagements and trainings in the Metroplex. If you are interested in booking her for an event, please contact Kim directly.
Discussion topics include:
- What is perinatal depression/anxiety
- How to assess for perinatal depression/anxiety
- Early intervention for perinatal depression/anxiety
- Birth Trauma
- Having another child after PPD/PPA
- How to support someone with PPD/PPA
- Soon to be moms/dads/parents
- Postpartum moms/dads/parents
- OBs/GYNs, Nurses, Mental Health Practitioners
- Midwives, Doulas, all birthing professionals
- Support groups
- Special events
The Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS)
The EPDS is a 10-item, assessment tool that takes about 5 minutes to complete. This scale has been validated with a number of research studies which have shown the tool to be a reliable measure of depression during the postpartum period. It is generally accepted that a score of 10 is possible PPD and a score of 12 is probable PPD.
Download: Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale 1 (EPDS)